Sunday, June 13, 2010

JCC Rose Run 5 Mile Relay

During this years Rose Run events, Andy teamed up with his Dad and Uncle Eric for the 5 mile relay event. Andy ran the 3rd leg for 1.5 miles to bring in the Gold winning relay team at an amazing split time of 10:30. He averaged a 7 minute mile at the age of 8, cutting of nearly 3 minutes from his last years split time. Man does he ever love running!!


A few weeks earlier Andy ran a 5K with other area schools and placed second in his age group with an amazing time of 27:25! About a little under a 9 minute mile pace. I'm pretty sure we're going to have a runner on our hands as he gets older.

1 comment:

Justin and Tiffany Walker said...

I cannot believe how your family has grown. I'm not sure if you have talked to Emily lately, but we always joke that anything that goes wrong for us at the middle school is a result of you leaving:)Part of me actually feels that is true...my last year I had a run in with special ed, and I swear that wouldn't have happened if you were there because you are a spit fire and would have confronted it long before me:) Miss you! We just interviewed for a math position on our team....again.